• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland


    Canadian citizens do not need a visa to enter Poland for stays up to 90 days in any 6-month period counting from the date of the first entry. A valid Canadian passport is required, issued within the last 10 years. The passport validity must exceed the required date of departure from Poland by at least 3 months.


    As of October 1, 2010 Canadian citizens are exempt from the requirement of possession of work visa for stays and employment in Poland, no longer than three months (90 days), within a six-month period. The exemption from visa requirement does not change the existing regulations concerning obtaining a work permit or Certificate of Employment issued by local authorities in Poland.

    Canadians wishing to stay in Poland longer than 90 days during one or more visits within a half-year period calculated from the date of first entry have to apply for a national D-type visa.




    Entry clearance requirements for non-Canadian citizens depend on the citizenship and resident status of the traveler. Citizens of many countries do not need a visa to visit Poland for stays up to 90 days. Please check the country list to determine whether you need a visa:



    SHORT STAY VISA (Schengen C-type visa) < 90 days

    Short-stay Schengen C-type visa is issued to stay in Poland for a purposes such as tourism, transit, visits to friends or family, business trips, economic or cultural activities, international conferences, sports events, etc. for a total of up to 90 days within 180 days calculated from the date of first entry. The unified Schengen visa (C-type visa valid in Schengen States) entitles the holder to stay in the territory of all Schengen states. (See SCHENGEN COUNTRIES INFO


    LONG STAY VISA (National D-type visa) > 90 days

    If you intend to stay in the territory of Poland for a total of more than 90 days (at least 91 days) during one or more visits within 180-days period calculated from the date of first entry, you need to apply for a National D-type visa. The National D-type visa entitles the holder to: stay in the territory of Poland throughout the period of its validity; additionally move within the territory of other Schengen states for up to three months within a half-year period. (See SCHENGEN COUNTRIES INFO)  



    If you intend to travel by air from a third state to another third state with a stopover at an airport in the Schengen area (in the territory of the Republic of Poland) and also you do not intend to leave the international transit area of the airport and you hold the citizenship of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sudan or Sri Lanka,

    you need to apply for an A-type airport transit visa.


    A visa is not a guarantee of entry into Poland or Schengen territory. An immigration officer at the port of entry determines whether or not a person qualifies to enter Poland or Schengen.



    The Consulate General of Poland in Vancouver issues visas for applicants residing in: British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon Territory and Northwest Territories.


    If you live in other provinces please check which foreign mission is competent to submit your visa application according to its respective jurisdictions:




    1177 West Hastings Street, Suite 1600
    Vancouver, BC, V6E 2K3
    Facsimile: (604) 688-3537
    Telephone: (604) 688-3530, (604) 688-4730


    For visa enquiries e-mail:


    The right of data subjects to information IN VISA INFORMATION SYSTEM:,The-right-of-data-subjects-to-information.html


    Central Technical Body of National Information System – The Commander in Chief of the Police

    CTB NIS – Central Technical Body of National Information System is data controller in the meaning of art. 7 point 4 of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data, in aspect of using data through National Information System (NIS), processed in the Schengen Information System (SIS) or Visa Information System (VIS).


    The right to information

    Any person has the right to obtain detailed information concerning their personal data, which is processed in data filing systems. According to art. 32 par. 5 of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data, the right to information is given to every person interested not often than every 6 months more. On basis of art. 32 par. 1 point 1-6 of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data, every person who is concerned can request – regarding processing of their personal data – following information: if such system exists, since when data is processed, the source of getting data, the way data is made available, the aim and scope of data processing, the extent and  to whom data was made available.

    Data controller will reply regarding the requested information within 30 days. 


    In order to get information about processing personal data in the Schengen Information System or in the Visa Information System you need to submit an application in Polish to address:

    Centralny Organ Techniczny KSI
    Komenda Główna Policji
    Puławska 148/150
    02-624 Warszawa


    The application must contain: first name and surname of an applicant; PESEL Number (if the person has it); citizenship; date and place of birth; place of residence (country, town, street and number house/flat); the subject of the application; signature of the person making the application.

    In order to perform precise data identification, an applicant may attach a copy of their ID with personal data.

    According to art. 32 the Act of 14 June 1960 the Polish Administrative Code (Journal of Laws No. 98, item 1071 with later amendments), the party may be represented in administrative proceedings by a proxy unless procedures demand personal engagement.

    Rules of giving legal proxy are set in art. 33 the Polish Administrative Code, i.e.: the proxy of a party can be natural person having legal capacity; the proxy should be submitted in writing; the proxy attaches to the file an original or officially certified copy of the proxy.

    A lawyer or a legal advisor and patent agent can certify a copy of a proxy given to them.


    Refusal of access to personal data

    According to art. 34 of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data, the data controller shall refuse to disclose the information referred to in art. 32 par. 1 point 1-6 to the data subject if it caused: a disclosure of confidential information; a threat to national defense or national security, to life and health of individuals or to public security and public order; a threat to a vital economic or financial interest of the State; a significant breach of personal rights of the data subject of other persons.


    The right to correct data, request the suspension of their processing or removal

    The data subject may ask the data controller to supplement, update, correct, remove, and temporarily or permanently suspend processing of his/her data. However, the data subject must demonstrate that the data is incomplete, outdated, inaccurate, has been collected with violation of the law or that its processing is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.


    The right to make a complaint

    Any person whose data is processed in the Schengen Information System or in the Visa Information System, is entitled to submit a complaint to the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection in relation to the implementation of the provisions on the protection of personal data.


    Address for correspondence:

    Generalny Inspektor Ochrony Danych Osobowych

    ul. Stawki 2

    00-193 Warszawa





    Q: Need more information about migration to Poland?

    A: Go to:

    Print Print Share: